Church Street Station Studios
Church Street Station Studios, which opened November 2017, is our newest supportive housing community and our sixth development in South Hampton Roads. The five-story, 80-unit property is located in the Olde Huntersville neighborhood of Norfolk.
Church Street Station Studios is a mixed-income community with a blend of units for formerly homeless clients and low-income clients. Forty units have rental subsidies for homeless adults, and the remaining units have rental subsidies for individuals earning 50% or less of the area median income. Church Street Station Studios is permanent rental housing; residents sign leases and pay a monthly rent.
Each unit is approximately 350 square feet and includes a bed, nightstand, dresser, table, two chairs, kitchenette with full refrigerator and range oven, and full bathroom. Eight units are completely accessible for persons with disabilities. The building has an extensive security system and off-street parking. In addition to apartments, the building contains a community room, a computer room, a fitness room, resident phone room, laundry facilities, a front desk, and staff offices. The front desk is staffed sixteen hours per day with a night monitor on duty at night. The development is EarthCraft Virginia-certified for green building and resource and energy efficiency. All appliances are Energy Star rated.
Total development costs were approximately $13.9 million dollars. Key funders and partners include:
• Alison J. and Ella W. Parsons Fund of the Hampton Roads Community Foundation
• The Cabell Foundation
• City of Norfolk
• City of Virginia Beach
• Corporation for Supportive Housing
• Federal Home Loan Bank of Atlanta
• Hampton Roads Community Foundation
• The Home Depot Foundation
• Norfolk Redevelopment and Housing Authority
• U.S. Department of Housing and Urban Development
• The Virginian-Pilot
• Virginia Beach Department of Housing and Neighborhood Preservation
• Virginia Community Capital, Inc.
• Virginia Community Development Corporation
• Virginia Department of Housing and Community Development
• Virginia Housing Development Authority
To inquire about leasing an apartment at Church Street Station Studios, call (757) 544-9907.